- ΔΙαθεσιμότητα: Προπαραγγελία
- Κωδικός: 10640
Series IV Tonearm
The Series IV precision pick-up arm owes much to the technology developed for the acclaimed Series V. Although presented at a lower price it retains the unique one-piece magnesium tone-arm, dual-lock base and other advanced features listed.
The Series IV is a worthy relative of 'the best pick-up arm in the world' with a sonic performance reflecting the care and attention to detail underlying its design and manufacture.
- Unique one-piece pressure die-cast tone-arm utilising the advantages of magnesium, replaces conventional fabricated construction.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibration leaving the tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Fine machined cartridge platform, enamel free to avoid interface resonance.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm ABEC 3 ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm ABEC 7 ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial corresponds with VTF and has positive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non-reflective tone-arm termination. Adjustment leadscrew journalled in twin ball races with lever clamping.
- Swivelling damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
- New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.
|Series IV Dimensions||Series IV Specifications|
|A - Distance from pivot to stylus||233.15mm||Effective mass||10.0/11.0g|
|B - Distance from pivot to turntable centre||215.35mm||Cartridge balance range||5 - 16g|
|C - Cartridge fixing centres||12.70mm||Vertical tracking force||0 - 3.0g(30mN)|
|D - Offset angle||23.635°||Maximum tracking error||0.012(degrees per mm)|
|E - Linear offset||93.47mm||Null points||Inner 66.04mm Outer 120.90mm|
|F - Overhang||17.8mm||Audio lead||Length 1.2m Capacitance 140.0 pF per channel Resistance 0.145 ohms per conductor|
|G - Height above mounting surface||max. 87.90mm min. 56.40mm||Internal wiring||Capacitance 15.0 pF per channel Resistance 0.535 ohms per conductor|
|H - Height of record surface above mounting surface||max. 57.90mm min. 26.40mm||Output plug and socket||DIN 5-pole 240°|
|J - Depth below mounting surface||56.75mm||Weight net||700.0g|
|K - Radial clearance for balance weight||73.0mm|
|L - Clearance between cabinet lid and record surface assuming cartridge height at 17.0mm||35.0mm|